Thursday, November 15, 2007

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

It seems that ARod is heading back to the Yankees. Check out No Maas' interview with Tyler Kepner on the subject.

So much about this scenario is so implausible, I can't believe it's really happening. Not only does Scott Boras need to allow ARod to venture out into the world on his own, ARod has to come crawling back to the Baby Bosses begging for his job back, he has to accept less money than he would have gotten a few weeks ago, and the Yankees' brass needs to go back on their word about not signing ARod once he opts out.

I am truly of two minds about ARod's return. Obviously, his production would have been impossible to replace, and Miguel Cabrera wasn't walking through that door without losing either Hughes or Chamberlain. However, I really don't fucking like the guy a bit, and getting away from his ongoing soap opera would have been lovely.

Dealing with ARod is a constant struggle for me as a fan, because the rational is constantly colliding with the irrational. My head knows they can't make the playoffs without him, my heart wants to root against him for all eternity.

I wonder how Derek Jeter feels today.